102nd General Assembly
Amends the Medical Assistance Article of the Illinois Public Aid Code. Provides that from funds appropriated, directly or indirectly, from moneys received by the State from the Coronavirus State Fiscal Recovery Fund for Fiscal Years 2021 and 2022, the Department of Healthcare and Family Services shall continue to expend such funds only for purposes permitted by Section 9901 of the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 (ARPA) and related federal guidance. Provides that such expenditures may include, but are not limited to: payments to providers for costs incurred due to the COVID-19 public health emergency; unreimbursed costs for testing and treatment of uninsured Illinois residents; and expenditures permitted in order to address (i) disparities in public health outcomes, (ii) nursing and other essential health care workforce investments, (iii) the exacerbation of pre-existing disparities, and (iv) the promotion of healthy childhood environments. Requires the Department to continue to make payments to long-term care service providers and facilities, for purposes related to financial support for the long-term care industry and front line workers, but only as permitted by Section 9901 of the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021. Requires nursing facilities to spend 60% of funds received as a direct pass-through to front line workers on pandemic bonus pay to employees and on temporary benefits, such as day care or other related benefits. Permits nursing facilities to spend the remaining 40% of the distributions on other financial support for their workers provided on or after December 1, 2021, or on other ARPA permitted purposes including, but not limited to: (i) the payment of education expenses to enhance direct care staff recruitment; (ii) enhanced and expanded training for nursing facility staff; and on other specified purposes. Requires providers to sign award agreements and to submit proposed monthly budgets for the use of funds prior to the release of funds. Provides that the Department shall have the authority to audit and potentially recoup funds not utilized as outlined and attested. Requires the Department to redistribute to providers any remaining, returned, or recouped funds by June 30, 2022. Effective immediately.
Rule 3-9(a) / Re-referred to Assignments